With the global economy slowly reopening, we’re quickly finding a good deal of “blood in the street” opportunities in airline stocks. If the economy can successfully reopen, and stay open, these are some of the top stocks that could double with patience.
Granted, many have exploded higher. But all could see higher highs.
Top airline stocks are exploding to higher highs with “stay at home” orders being lifted, including:
- American Airlines (AAL) has exploded from $8.25 to $19.65
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) ran from $17.51 to $35.90
- JetBlue (JBLU) ran from $7.34 to $14.63
- United Airlines (UAL) ran from $18.18 to $46.24
- Southwest Airlines (LUV) rocketed from $22.46 to $39.33
Upside may continue, as Transportation Security Administration (TSA) data shows that travel demand is only rising. For the week ended May 30, the number of travelers returned to 293,144 – the highest number since May 15.
“We expect trends to continue to improve as states ease stay at home restrictions and leisure activities resume,” wrote Cowen analyst Helane Becker in a note to clients. “Airlines with whom we’ve spoken have seen modest green shoots with improvement coming in beach and mountain destinations.”